Sign in to follow this  
Timbor

CMON to make GoT tabletop game

From what I understood from their press briefing at cmon expo, they plan to have four armies to choose from when the KS ends, I think - though I'd be surprised if Martel was one of them.  They're a lesser house, imo. I'd think you'd be more likely to see wights and the wall (or wildlings and the wall) before you saw House Martell being introduced as a faction. 

Also, from what I remember, they will be adding units and factions VERY quickly and they plan on supporting this game for a long time in the future. 

39 minutes ago, Taylor said:

From what I understood from their press briefing at cmon expo, they plan to have four armies to choose from when the KS ends, I think - though I'd be surprised if Martel was one of them.  They're a lesser house, imo. I'd think you'd be more likely to see wights and the wall (or wildlings and the wall) before you saw House Martell being introduced as a faction. 

Also, from what I remember, they will be adding units and factions VERY quickly and they plan on supporting this game for a long time in the future. 

Guess I'll just have to be happy with M&B: Warband and Crusader Kings mods for now...

Funded nice and fast too... looking forward to seeing all the stuff they are able to add on. First up is the Hound, always a favourite!

620698250b857ecb6755735933e67fcc_origina

Then some love for the north...

1be41ed2c293a462865fb1dfcb21c5fc_origina

I'm sure they will get to other factions, but in all likelihood they will be an addon rather than a free addition. My best is the first two are house baratheon (Stannis the Mannis) and house Greyjoy.

Pffft.... Greyjoy. It's a house made of the sons of better men. 😐

Given the time frame, Greyjoy was still part of House Stark, as Theon was still a ward of Ned Stark. In the same breath, Baratheon was loyal to the Lannisters (Or the other way around). 

I'm gonna bet on wildlings and the wall as an add on faction. 

I guess, but the timeline is roughly coinciding with the battle of the 5 kings, is it not?  So you have Renly and Stannis vying for house baratheon, the lannisters on the throne, the king in the north, and then the greyjoy uprising. 

Aesthetically, I could see the wildlings and the watch working well, especially if there are giants. However, they don't do much until much later in the storyline.

I agree though, Greyjoys are boring. They could look good with suitable squid-inspired heraldry and gear though.

Edited by Timbor

Maybe. They did hint at something "big" in the video i saw. People said dragons but I think that's a little far fetched. 

I read the rulebook and I'm pretty sure this outlines the six faction in the game.

The War of the Five Kings officially began in 298 AC, and traces its primary roots to the simmering tension shared by House Lannister of Casterly Rock and House Stark of Winterfell. Scholarly consensus names Lord Eddard Stark’s arrest by King Joffrey Baratheon I as the primary catalyst behind House Stark’s attempted secession, and, ultimately, the War of the Five Kings proper.

With Lord Eddard’s arrest, his firstborn, Robb Stark, and many Northern bannermen mounted an armed advance south to free Lord Eddard from Lannister hands. Robb Stark’s forces consisted largely of sworn men, known for their fierce loyalty forged under Lord Eddard’s thoughtful leadership. It should be noted that freedom for Lord Stark was their primary goal, not the Iron Throne itself.

Upon the Iron Throne sat the newly crowned King Joffrey I, direct heir to King Robert, and heir to Casterly Rock. King Joffrey’s well-documented volatility found temperance at the hands of his mother, the formidable Queen Cersei. Thus, while the Iron Throne itself commanded little loyalty by grace of King Joffrey’s natural charms, gold washes away many sins, and Casterly Rock and its vast vaults lent ample weight to King Joffrey’s claim.

Lord Stannis Baratheon had long gathered his strength at Dragonstone, some say in anticipation of this ‘imminent’ civil instability. Although his land forces paled in comparison to many participants, his command of the royal navy provided superior mobility, and allowed even such meagre numbers to pose a significant threat to coastal holdings.

Lord Renly Baratheon, King Robert’s youngest brother, successfully negotiated marriage to Margaery Tyrell of Highgarden, which provided the strength of arms necessary to lend weight to his claim on the Iron Throne, arguably the weakest. Indeed, Lord Renly fielded the largest of all armies involved in the War.

Lastly, straining under the Iron Throne’s yoke, Lord Balon Greyjoy of the Iron Islands saw a timely opportunity to secede from the Seven Kingdoms and establish the Iron Isles as sovereign nation once more. Using Lord Robb’s advances south of the Neck as a distraction, Lord Balon managed to carve significant winnings from the Northlands.

While many a ruler’s passing has caused marked instability in its wake, it can be safely said that King Robert I’s death brought about the bloodiest, and most devastating conflict ever seen in the Seven Kingdoms.

So there you have it. Stark, Lannister, Baratheon,  Tyrell,  Greyjoy,  and Mercenaries. 

Hmm, had not considered house Tyrell as being a faction, but grouping Renly with Tyrell makes sense. Although technically they would be fighting under the Baratheon banner.

I just hope they make the Bloody Mummers to go with the mercenary faction ;) 

With the release of the battle at mummer's ford... i would think its a distinct possibility. 

Hold on, there, son! Tully sworn shields!?

16c9433cc6cdf7c5f62ea3dc7583385a_origina

b4c09ab2734d0d098acb98f806d8926a_origina

a33ccbeedced86dc0d88bf6433fed8f0_origina

Really love the fish helms!

Edited by Timbor

Yeah, i'm in like sin. 

1x Starter... 

1x Bolton mercenaries... 

1x Tully Sword Shields.... 

1x Special Edition Rulebook.... 

255340fab4682404839b8e496ba12d0d_origina

507352.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next unlock. 

7b942ba8ff3a5c4655ccffa33530772e_origina

b6ccf78df6d38e8cdf855d5a3ffb123a_origina

075daddf71ed7f98bd59c052af0046ae_origina

Only 36 hours left!

As an interesting note, this has taken off among a pretty large portion of GCCs wargaming crowd. Right now, 9 people at GCC have pledged. 

If you're interested in pledging locally, toss me an email at taylor@darkshard.ca and I'll get you in touch with the proper channels. 

If your curious about game play, it's pretty interesting. Its kind of a combination of Warhammer Fantasy Battles and Warmahordes. As your commander influences how you use your forces, it uses an alternating turn system that resembles Warhammer 6th ed. 

I just read through the rulebook... nice and straightforward rules. Seems it will be the tactical cards that bring the depth of gameplay. I am looking forward to it.

Uhm... I'm pretty sure it's slated for April 2018. The pledge manager closes on November 17th. Thanks for the reminder - lol. I'm going to predict a delay of 2 months - so latest June 2018.