Sign in to follow this  
Timbor

CMON to make GoT tabletop game

These renders are fucking perfect.  The show did an amazing job casting(moving up everyone in age by a few years for obvious reasons).  However, CMON nailed it with these.  I missed the LotR miniature bandwagon, won't be missing this one.  Also, Cersei should get one special attack per game:

jun-27-2016-09_26-boom.gif?w=635&h=354

spoiler alert :-)

Lol. She actually adds influence. You should check out the playthrough. It's neat - lots of neat play strategies with cards. 

Actually, GCC has become an official CMON retailer, so he will have the kickstarter packs in on the release date. Just let him know what you want as part of the pledge, and he'll have it in when the Kickstarter ships. 

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

Actually, GCC has become an official CMON retailer, so he will have the kickstarter packs in on the release date. Just let him know what you want as part of the pledge, and he'll have it in when the Kickstarter ships. 

That feels odd to me. The funding period hasn't even started and they have retailer agreements for the product? Kickstarter has become quite the business platform hasn't it...

• Upvote 1

Yeah. It has. It's not really what it was originally intended to do. Now it's a marketing platform that creates a sense of urgency in the buyer. 

Though I'm not entirely convinced that wasn't part of their business model initially. 

Can you blame them? Would you rather make 10% of a cute indie product that raises 20k, or 10% of a 5 mil board game (see CMON Black Plague 2 that just ended...)

Is feeling better about helping a startup artist worth $498k?

Also, I should add that despite the prevalence of big players, I still see no shortage of small startups running campaigns these days. So I would also say there is room for everyone.

Here is a few more models coming out. 

19477717_356584874758310_745961449174033

19467953_355591391524325_842452988789325

19453018_355591424857655_467208776976453

19488735_355591321524332_623077805417024

19466453_355591354857662_725539511806479

Looks like things are shaping up pretty nicely. 

Nice. The next season is supposed to start on July 16, so I imagine that the KS will be scheduled to launch at around that time. My prediction, at least.

Looks like we have a pre-book 3 version of Catelyn Stark. 

Catelyn-Stark.jpg

I wonder what sort of abilities she adds to your army. 

Probably something along the lines of drawing you into devastating but avoidable wars of attrition based on assumption and conjecture?

• Upvote 1

Here is another GoT image dump!!

The-Mountain.jpg

Mountains-Men-1.jpg

Mountains-Men-2.jpg

Mountains-Men-3.jpg

Mountains-Men-4.jpg

This is Gregor Clegane's specialized unit of fighters. Personally, they look awesome!

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

This is Gregor Clegane's specialized unit of fighters. Personally, they look awesome!

Uhg... Gregor... I'd play the game just so I could kill him and his men...

I hadn't. Oh god. That's two weeks away. 

Oh god. How much is this going to cost me. 😐

I'm excited. I'll be ordering it through GCC though. He's an official C'MON distributor - so you can order the KS straight through him.