Taylor

The End of an Era - The Start of a New One

Hi Everyone,

As some of you know, Dark Shard has been the community gaming forum in Sudbury (and other places) for the past 6 years, and those years have been great. There were a lot of memorable moments, both on the site and at our various events. 

Six years is also a long time. Long enough for priorities to change, and time for people locally to become leaders in the community in their own right. 

It is with that being said that Dark Shard now needs new leaders to carry their voice and promote the local hobby scene in 2018. 

Unfortunately, with all of the changes in my life over the coming year (a pregnant wife, a part time painting studio, etc), I won't be able to dedicate the time to this forum and the community that it deserves. I will be stepping down from administrating this site. That means, with myself stepping down, that we will be without any moderation in the upcoming year. 

With that being said, there is an opportunity here for some new comers to the hobby scene in Sudbury to step up and take over the site! I know first hand thay promotion is hard work, but in the end, it is very rewarding (at least it has been for me). 

If this is something some of you might be interested in, please pm me about it. I'm willing to work with you to help rebrand the site and show you the ropes on using the forum's administrative tools. I will even have a transition period where I can help out while you learn the software. 

The software for the site is paid for, and hosting is paid up until June. The annual cost for hosting is only $100 for the year (thereabouts - I don't know the exact cost), and it is hosted by Clark - so all he has to do is renew it. 

So, if you are possibly interested, let me know. I'd be happy to discuss it further with you. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them here or in PMs. 

Cheers!

T.

I'd be happy to step in.  I've been more of a lurker here than anything for a while now, but I can certainly step up my game should the community be ok with me.  And if not, well, a lurking I shall go :)

Hi guys, so I had a long talk with OJ and we have decided that he is going to take over administrative duties on the forum and I'm going to step down. With everything on my plate, I simply can't give the site the attention it deserves. 

It doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting - I am just stepping away from administrative responsibilities of the site and handing it over to OJ. 

Thanks again!

T.