Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

New Easy to Build Models

The only grype I have about them is that they have only one pose. So if you have multiples, you are stuck with the same looking guys.

:(

Hmmmm. Can I ask what you guys like about the about these? Because this sort of thing is the exact opposite of something I would expect you guys to get behind....they're pretty expensive kits that offer zero extra bits,  and make customization a nightmare.  I'm all for these in starter boxes to get people in, but after that....if I spend this much on plastic, I want my creative juices to be flowing. Just compare what you get in a box of chaos termies to one of the new primaries caps for a comparable price. Imo, these are a step in the wrong direction. I'd rather they spend R&D money on balance issues and new models than this sort of stuff.  But then again, please refer to my initial question, I might be missing something. 

Personally, the price. The new GW kits aren't overly customizable... just have more options. Converting them is just as difficult, as you'll be cutting and filing regardless. 

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing that a nice model as is means a lot more to me than a customizable model I have to fix in order to like it. I'd rather pay $30 for 7 deathguard that look great than $60 for 7 deathguard I need to use instructions to assemble. 

Gotcha. Ty.  I'm also anxious(both uses of the word 😎) to see how the pricing pans out.  I'll respectfully disagree on the ease of conversion tough.  I guess in the end, I follow OJs sentiment. 

I played Warhammer fantasy primarily... lol. Repeated guys don t bother me much... when you have 200 models on the table, you largely don't notice. 

These days I'm more about getting nice models as opposed to an army

now don't get me wrong, I do prefer hoarding bits every chance I can, but the price point is always better with te easy kits. 

As for converting... I'm currently converting deathguard into blight kings... I believe it's not any more or less hard ;)

On 11/16/2017 at 1:01 PM, Feluca said:

Hmmmm. Can I ask what you guys like about the about these? Because this sort of thing is the exact opposite of something I would expect you guys to get behind....they're pretty expensive kits that offer zero extra bits,  and make customization a nightmare.  I'm all for these in starter boxes to get people in, but after that....if I spend this much on plastic, I want my creative juices to be flowing. Just compare what you get in a box of chaos termies to one of the new primaries caps for a comparable price. Imo, these are a step in the wrong direction. I'd rather they spend R&D money on balance issues and new models than this sort of stuff.  But then again, please refer to my initial question, I might be missing something. 

#NEWPLASTICELDAR

I like playing the game more then modelling, and a product that gets me to the table top faster is something that interests me.

My hands suck for fine motor skills. I have never been good at drawing and assembling some of the pieces is hard for me and gives me a head ache. I can't do wraith claws. It's 4 pieces, you need to bring 2 sides together, and have 2 other pieces between them when you bring them together. Physically I just can't do that. I love the idea of easier to build models.

• Like 1

Looks like the easy to build models are confirmed, and two new primaris as well.. and sly marbo. 

40kNov23-BALieut2jds.jpg

40kNov23-DALieut3kr.jpg

It looks like the primaris are the new normal for space marines. 

Here are the easy to build kits. 

40kNov23-Aggressors8vg.jpg

40kNov23-Dread7wl.jpg

40kNov23-BlightHaul4fw.jpg

40kNov23-DeathGaurd6bt.jpg

And lastly, Sly Marbo. 

40kNov23-Marbo1hde.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the plant on the base is audrie 2 from little shop of horrors?

Of sly marbo.

Edited by Rashius

The deathguard terminators are MUCH larger than their counterparts. I'm working on some now - I'll take some photos tonight. 

Do not think tactical marines are being phased out. Personally I find them better and are more versatile unit the primaris marines. 

Pretty sure gw said the were not phasing out regular marines. 

If the do I will sell all my 40k models

Let me rephrase... I don't believe you will see anymore non-primaris space marine releases from here on out.

Agreed with Taylor; chances are there won't be any new non-Primaris Space Marine releases. You'll still be able to use those models from here until eternity, but one day there'll be a tipping point where Primaris marines will be more efficient than your basic marines. For now, they want people collecting them and adding them to their army in small amounts, which is why I think Primaris forces are so uniform. It likely won't be a sudden change, just a slow one, over years worth of time.