Sign in to follow this  
Polipotent

OTC Practice Day November 25, 2017

Hey Warmahordians! 

November 25th we invite you OTC players to North Bay for a day of PRACTICE! Yes that is right.  It will be a minimum of 3 rounds, we can all chip in on lunch and it will be a blast.  No tournament fees or anything! One of my players has access to a pretty cool spot that is top secret! but I suggest you bring a little bit of cash for some potential libations if your so inclined. 

Yeah, things get pretty crazy around that time, lots of families xD Pretty sure that there is something going on with Chantal's family on the last weekend of November, which would include @Xeurian and possibly @StreetPizza as well (depending on which family event that is).

I could probably do any other weekend in November, but I think as of the weekend of the 25th I will be booked till like January.

I just wanted to post to make sure everyone is aware, no matter what this day will be an event.  I hope to get both OTC teams out and practicing but if for some reason it is impossible for some of you to make it we will just run a tournament that day.  

Even if we have a practice day if anyone else wants to come down and just play some games that is okay, we have a pretty large venue this time and we are only limited by the amount of terrain and mats we have available.  

For anyone from Sudbury who can make it, feel free to borrow my mat from the Game's Nook. I have another one at home as well if necessary. 

2 hours ago, Xeurian said:

For anyone from Sudbury who can make it, feel free to borrow my mat from the Game's Nook. I have another one at home as well if necessary. 

Are you for sure out now?  If that is the case we will for sure have a Tournament and I will post a separate tournament post to get numbers. 

Edited by Polipotent

4 hours ago, Polipotent said:

Are you for sure out now?  If that is the case we will for sure have a Tournament and I will post a separate tournament post to get numbers. 

I am out, yeah. Nov 25th is booked for family stuff.

3 hours ago, wolf9416 said:

In other news, the Sudbury team name is now 'Northern Ontario Blue Balls'. 

I'm not on that team.

5 hours ago, Xeurian said:

I'm not on that team.

Yes you are. This is what happens when no one will pick a name... I ask NBD to pick one and we end up with Blue Balls.

Just so you guys don't blame me this is how the conversation went.

Josh: Name my team.

Me: I thought you wanted to do your own thing?

Josh: My team can't decide anything. 

Me: IF you leave it up to me I am going to name you "Team Northern Ontario Blue Balls".  

Josh: Sure I'm Down. 

Me: Let me know because we will change our name to Team Northern Ontario something if you guys go with that tag. 

Josh: I'm making it Team Northern Ontario Blue Balls that is what happens when I am left in charge. 

Me: OMG Amazing. 

Right now our team name is going to be "Team Northern Ontario Iceholes" if it helps. 

Edited by Polipotent

4 hours ago, wolf9416 said:

Yes you are. This is what happens when no one will pick a name... I ask NBD to pick one and we end up with Blue Balls.

I'm pulling out of the team.

1 minute ago, StreetPizza said:

in other news the dussiaume christmas party is Dec 2nd so we should be a go for the 25th.

You can go, but my family's thing is still on the 25th.

Whoever can come on the 25th come.  It will still be a great day of games, and we can still talk strategy if we want.  If you guys could let me know when you know if your coming or not that would be great.  If we have an odd number I will still have my guy from down south come up. 

2 hours ago, Xeurian said:

I'm pulling out of the team.

We have 'Team Northern Ontario Blue Balls' and Mat 'Pulling out'.... All the pieces of a joke are there, just gotta put em together....

But seriously I'm not joining a team with that name. Why did we decide to steer away from Team Darkshard again? We already have the shirts...

I dont know? People wanted a different name, and we tried to pick something a bunch of times and no one will agree on anything.

Sent as Team Darkshard.

Update - I sent the payment at 9am but they opened the registration early and it filled before 9. We are on the waiting list.

Edited by wolf9416

There is active discussion about what to do if it helps, their might be some changes like expanding of the tournament. We will have to see. 

It was.  That is why there is some heavy thinking and discussion going on right now.  To be fair, if I wasn't hovering over facebook I would have missed my chance too, 

6 hours ago, Xeurian said:

They opened it before the open time? That seems odd...

Yeah Scott posted at like 8:55 saying that registration was open, and it was full within a few minutes, so people that waited till 9 - 9:01 didn't get in.

There is some discussion of potentially breaking it into two tournaments (going at the same time), because they want to have everyone there but don't want it to go two days.... So, guess we will see what happens.