Sign in to follow this  
Kousei

L5R- What days for regular game play?

Hello :Bye:

So trying to figure out a regular game play night for L5R. We need 4-5hrs depending on number of players for a tournament. The currants most talked about nights are:

Thursday:
The store is kind of dead in Thursdays; Mark and Dave both want to play and are already there. However, I cant guaranty I can get there until 5:30pm, I need to leave in the middle of the night for a work thing for roughly and hour and I normally have a GYM class every Thursdays.  Thursday seems tight time wise.  So sadly do to work, it doesn’t look like Thursday will work for me at all.  
5-9pm

Saturdays:

Saturday tends to be a miniature war gaming day for a lot of the community. However, we could start early if it’s an issue. If out of town players want to come, Saturdays would be good. Kevin said that Saturday don’t work for him. We wouldn’t have much tight restraints due to having a full day. I am off every weekend. 
11- 4pm ish

Sundays:

Sundays could be good for out of town players; we wouldn’t have much time restraints either. However, a lot of the people that currently seem interested in paying are the role players, who play at the shop on Sundays. Doug and Kevin were talking about keeping the store open later possibly, so we could start after the roleplaying is done, around 3pm.
3-8pm ish

Tournaments:
I was thinking about having a casual style tournament every second weekend or once a month.  The other nights will be casual play/ pick up games. How often do you guys want tournaments?

So what I need to know:
1. What day of the week?
2.  Tournaments every second week or once a month?

Edited by Kousei

Sundays get my vote, they are the only nights I am free. And monthly for tournaments to keep costs down.

I'll throw out Saturday during the mornings/early afternoon are generally good for me. Same with Sundays around that time.

Don't go off my availability though as I'm less than reliable for almost anything outside of a tourney due to life lol.

Hello  :Bye:

After looking over all the different options that are available. Decide on the following day and times for Regular L5R play and Tournaments:

Saturdays = 1:00pm to 6:00pm ish at the Games Nook.

This way our late risers should be able to makes it, Mini players can still get a game in if they want after words, out of town players can come for tournaments and still get home at a decent time. 

Tournaments:

We will play one tournament per a month.  If there is an event kit being offered, that will count as our monthly tournament. This time period will allow for 5 round if needed.  We will need to move the tournament day around the other tournaments that are being run in the store and are prescheduled.  I will announce the tournament day before the 1st of each month.