Kousei

L5R – Learn to Play and Release Event:

Hello :Bye:

So L5R is being released next week!!!!! On Thursday, October 5th, 2017, there should be L5R available for purchase. 

Learn to play:

I am hoping to have two casual learning to play nights at the Store on Thursday October 5th and Friday October 6th, 2017. I am hoping to start around 5:30pm both nights.  I will run other learn to play nights and teach people upon request as well.

Release Event:

Officially most places are running their release event the Saturday after release, Saturday October, 7th. However, the following Monday is thanksgiving and people might be out of town and I am not sure if people are going to feel ready to try and play in a tournament/ Event (even a casual one) 2 days after release??? I was thinking maybe Saturday, October 14th, 2017 for the release events.

The Release Event would be 30/ 30 card decks.  Some players might not be financial able to buy the 3 full starter boxes right after release. In less players want to go full out 3 boxes ASAP. All tournaments after will allow all cards though to be clear.

So need input:

1. Who is coming for one of the learn to play night and which ones?
2. Release event, Saturday October 7th or the 14th  ? 
3. 1-starter box and 30/30 or full out 40/40 decks?

Edited by Kousei

From talking to people , it seems like people want to start playing and making full decks asap. Does anyone have any major objects from running events from the start as 40/40 full 3 starter boxes ??

Hello,

Do to work, I am unable to run a learn to play on Thursday night. I will stop by the shop that night when I can. However, I will for sure be at the shop on Friday for a learn to play night. Please let me know if you plan on making it out.

Release Event:

We will be running the release event on Saturday, October 14th, 2017 = 6:00pm – 11pm.  This is to allow Kevin and Milo to still play. Doug said that Kevin or him would keep the store open.  Would this late time prevent anyone from playing?

Hey guys

I need fast responses of this. Who would rater hold off the release tournament for another Saturday (the 21st) and run it during normal game play times 1:00pm to 6:00pm. This would give people more time to learn the game. Would anyone dead against this change?

Also who planed on playing this Saturday ?

I plan to play on sat but  will still need learn the game. So I won't be able to be part of the tournament other than an observer and will be at a wedding the 21st

Ok, we are going to stick with this Saturday at 6pm.  I can teach people a Friday night and Saturday during the day. I can also leaned a deck or two if people weren’t able to buy cards yet. 

So let me know if you want / need me to teach you and when? 

Also let me know if you need to borrow a deck. 

More importantly , let me know if your playing in the tournament this Saturday night. 

L5R – Release Event

When: Saturday, October 14th, 2017
Time: 6pm to 11pm.   (Will be teaching and playing games before then)
Where: The games nook
What: Full side decks. Format depends on number of players. 
We will not being using any of the Keeper or Seeker cards or related cards yet.

Cost: $5

What you get:
Everyone player will receive:
1 L5R lanyard
1 L5R badge 
1 L5R Clan sticker sheet
1 L5R Pin
&
1 L5R alternate art Impearl favour card.

Prizes: (Will depend on the number of players)
Chances to win textless, extended art clan champion prize cards. 
Top player of each clan will receive at least 1.  

op045_layout3.png.56ed4a255d605a6e1ba6c954eec6f5e1.png

Edited by Kousei

Hello :Bye:

I want to thank everyone that came out to our release event. I hope everyone had a good time.   Here are the final results with clans/ ally clan:

1. Brandon – Scorpion Clan / Ally Crab = W/B-3 /L-0 / Went to time - 0
2. Garett – Crane Clan / Ally Lion = W/B- 1/ L-1 /Went to time – 1
3. Dave - Crab Clan / Ally Lion = W/B-1 /L-0 /Went to time – 1
4. Kevin- Unicorn Clan / Ally Lion = W/B- 1 / L – 0 / Went to time – 2
5. Andrew – Phoenix Clan / Ally Crane = W/B- 1 / L – 0 / Went to time – 2
6. Blake – Unicorn Clan / Ally Crab = W/B- 0 / L – 1 / Went to time – 2
7. Milo – Crane Clan / No Ally = W/B- 0 / L – 3 / Went to time – 0
8. Terran – Lion / No Ally = W/B- 1 / L – 0 / Went to time – 0 = Dropped
9. Drake – Phoenix / Ally Crane = W/B- 1 / L – 0 / Went to time – 0 = Dropped

Lion and Crane are popular allies it seems for our group. 

Prizes:
We gave out 1 of each Full bleed text-less Clan champion and everyone received a promo imperial favour card.  

*I will be posting changes / clarifications to upcoming tournaments under a related thread.   Reminder open L5R game play at the nook this coming Saturday from the normal 1pm to 6pm time.  

I had a great time Brandon thanks for all the work. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to attend many events due to their timing, unless you do evening events again.