Sam

Runewars Miniatures

Has anyone taken a look at Runewars Miniatures?  It's a warhammer fantasy-esque game (rank and file, not like AoS) with some neat gameplay items like command dials for your troops, movement templates, etc.  It looks pretty good, and it's already being reprinted (it only came out a few months ago).

Yeah. I heard the game itself is pretty excellent. I debated it pretty hard for a bit but ultimately decided against it in favour of the GoT kickstarter. 

I've spent waaaaaaaaaay too much on Imperial Assault to get into this really soon, but it's definitely going to be one I keep my eye on.  With all 4 factions and expansions due out before the end of the year there will be plenty of options for people once I get into it.  There may be more to entice other players then :)

I would very much doubt that to be the case.  They just came out with this game, they have a massive amount of different products coming out before legion and it's already had to be reprinted once (if not twice) in the months it's been out.

FFG has been pretty good about its miniature games and support.  Sure, sometimes they can't produce fast enough to meet demand, but Armada didn't kill off Imperial Assault or X-Wing, IA didn't kill off Descent, and 40k doesn't kill off AoS.  It's a different genre, and different system from Legion so I think we'll be safe.

Time will tell of course, but it seems to be pretty popular, and Legion is not likely to steal many players from other games, as it's a different beast all its own.