Durek

Airbrush paints

Anyone use GW Air paints or even Army Painter if they have a line?

Want to get back into using my Airbrush and was never overly fond of Vallejo Airs.

In my experience, i find airbrush paint a bit of a waste of money. You can better control the consistency you want by just cutting it yourself with some paint retardant - such as the stuff you can get from michaels. It should work with any standard brush paint. 

The Air line from Citadel is actually pretty decent if you are not interested in cutting your own. The colours are limited, but they cover nicely. If you can get your hands on some Vallejo Air colour, it is even better and more selection.

If you do go the tinning your own paint route, the material Taylor is talking about is called Liquitex Flow Aid. (It is the best stuff around to thin paints) IMO.

It has been sold out of Michael's every time I have been in the past 4 months.

https://www.amazon.ca/Liquitex-Flow-Effects-Medium-4-Ounce/dp/B000KNPM46 

Hope this helps.

OJ

2 hours ago, Dasjuice said:

The Air line from Citadel is actually pretty decent if you are not interested in cutting your own. The colours are limited, but they cover nicely. If you can get your hands on some Vallejo Air colour, it is even better and more selection.

If you do go the tinning your own paint route, the material Taylor is talking about is called Liquitex Flow Aid. (It is the best stuff around to thin paints) IMO.

It has been sold out of Michael's every time I have been in the past 4 months.

https://www.amazon.ca/Liquitex-Flow-Effects-Medium-4-Ounce/dp/B000KNPM46 

Hope this helps.

OJ

You sure? They moved it. It was there last time I was there. It's by the gesso now. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You sure? They moved it. It was there last time I was there. It's by the gesso now. 

100‰ however I have not been in there in the past 3 weeks. So....