Sign in to follow this  
StreetPizza

Tournament Time

What tournament format would you like to see?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What tournament format would you like to see?

• Standard 75pt steamroller
    • 90pt Steamroller with 0 free points from themes

StreetPizza    16

So it's been awhile since our last event and it's now high time to break out the competitive lists again for another steamroller event.  I've looked into an October event date with Doug and will be announcing that shortly but in the mean time we as the community need to decide what we'll be playing.

There's been some discussion regarding themes and how they restrict list building creativity so I've put together a proposed alternative.  For this event we can either run with 100% official 75pt standard or we can do 90pts with 0 free points allowed from theme lists but all other benefits apply.

Use the voting buttons above to weigh in on what you would like to see done for this event.

Edited by StreetPizza

wolf9416    15

I voted for the 90 points because I don't believe that free points in themes are balanced enough at the moment to make a tournament even for everyone. Dropping free points and letting everyone do 90 points levels the playing field and lets everyone run what they actually want to play.

Edited by wolf9416

Deademperor    16

I would go 90pts with no extras. I may attend, all depends on availability. I like the idea because it gives a vanilla list a competitive edge.

Is this a trend by other t\o's

Polipotent    5
37 minutes ago, Deademperor said:

I would go 90pts with no extras. I may attend, all depends on availability. I like the idea because it gives a vanilla list a competitive edge.

Is this a trend by other t\o's

Not really but they probably have more ghost fleet players haha.  My guys all vote for 75.  I think mostly because there are limited tournaments that we attend between now and the OTC.  I know you guys are having a tough time with themes and I only have to worry about 4 guys right now so you guys do you. 

Deademperor    16
56 minutes ago, Polipotent said:

limited tournaments that we attend between now and the OTC

Good point. I'd change my vote it I could. I'm down for helping out those who intend to represent at larger tournaments. I know I'm not the most experienced in the game these days... But i'd rather follow the standards

But really, the game is designed to be played with themes... May as well keep things as is