Justicebeaver

Forge World

Just curious as to people's thoughts on the use of Forge World models in games and tournies. Do you feel like we will be seeing them allowed more in the future or will they still be excluded from events? I for one would love to see them accepted/allowed more as FW produces some really beautiful models and that they add a certain flavor to an army.

dreadpirate    53

with 8th a lot of forgeworld seems to have been toned down quite a bit. While there are a few exceptions (spamming malific lords for instance). I think FW overall power level has come down enough to be considered in regular tourneys etc..

I think one of the biggest issues lies in relying on the TO to do his research and know what those units are. Even this past weekend at Nova there was very few lists that had any FW that I would personally considered "op".

Taylor    89

I can agree. I'm including a bit of forgeworld in the form of Tauros Venators in my Imperium list, and they are almost the same statline as the sentinels. I'm not the most experienced player, but most looked like it could be pounded down with some lascannons. 

I haven't looked at the Titans or Lords of War or whatever. That stuff might still be OP. I don't know. 

Yarium    25

Yeah, I think a lot of Forge World stuff has been brought in line from what I've heard. They're useful, but are moving away from "this is just good against everything" like they were before. Plus, the changes to the game's rules has made it such that even something big and tough is still not invincible. There's too much out there for TO's to just know, but so long as people have the proof to back up their units, I see no issues with them.

Taylor    89

Well, the nice thing about the new 40k is that you could technically disallow certain FW contingents (ie. Adeptus Titanicus). I've also noticed in Army Builder, they are putting things in there that are FW models (ie. tauros venators are in the Astra Militarum list now). 

Ed-war-d    3

I'd have no problems if local tournaments would allow forge world but I would promptly buy a pylon. Things primary gun has D6 shots with a minimum of 14 damage vs big stuff like knights (that's presuming you roll a 1 for damage). With str 16, and ap-5 and hitting on a 2+, I'm not aware of anything non-forge world that can compare. Hence why I am neutral on allowing forge world stuff. People might get upset when you have a 30 wound model that can delete one big vehicle per turn has a second gun great for smaller things, and gives an invul save bubble. On the Necron forums most people consider it an auto include in their armies.