Taylor

Monthly Painting Challenge - September

I got the Tanks finished. I am about 1/2 done the test terrain piece, and about 1/3 done building the wolves.

OK guys - one week left! Where do we stand on our pledges?

I'very finished the nurgle stuff, the PanO is mostly done, and the yu jing is mainly done as well. I still have to finish Dave's orc, and that might be on the Sunday  (sorry Dave). I doubt I'll get my clients Orks done, but I'm gonna try. 

Remember to post your stuff and think about what you want to paint next month. Imy going to be doing a LOT of nurgle in October in prep for the BPO, and OJ and I are going to be engaging in a high stakes challenge. 😉

I'm actually doing well. It looks like I will be done that table and one halfling, the general on the ram. 

My progress was halted a week from another loss in my family. 

I'll be happy to be done the table. It eats up a lot of my motivation. LOL

Next month I will do a concrete pledge of all my halflings, ogre and something small

- Gary -

Sorry for your loss, Gary :(

As for me, I should be done.  I cheated a bit and took really easy minis for the hero and deployment cards (single model deployment cards, both of them and the hero are robots so easy to do).  My mother in law was up for a week and that means no access to the room I paint in, so I decided to cut the corners to actually complete this one on time :)

I will be done my pledge too I think, I'm just about done the broodlord, just need to do some highlighting and apply some 'ardcoat for gloss, do some little touch ups on the librarian and do his base.  I asked Taylor to remove the master of ordnance from my list cause I still don't have a paint scheme for my guard :/  So many different schemes to choose from

• Like 1

Here is my progress on the yu-jing. 

20170902_162108.thumb.jpg.5a3ec36590a9f83d0c84267d360ce6b2.jpg20170912_230035.thumb.jpg.5ca2a94d7dd604f519aaeb871d883dd6.jpg20170912_230129.thumb.jpg.e55cb840d67aaa93d706de3ad422419a.jpg20170912_230057.thumb.jpg.c82b64a084b06e5f5875e8f28d8c3181.jpg

I messed up the eyes on the pilot and redid them, but I have yet to take a picture of it. 

Great work Taylor 

It's well executed, but there is something about green and orange... I'm thinking the pics might not be displaying the colours accurately

• Upvote 1

Probably not. I don't have my phone camera set up properly and I really don't have time to set up good photos for work that doesn't necessarily merit it. I just took the photos to show they're done - it's a quick and dirty commission  for a friend who wants to play infinity. These models have also been stripped like 4 times - they're old and some where broken. That Hexas Sniper is actually an Akalis with a Nisse Sniper rifle and backpack. The Spec op is a Nisse with an Akalis combi rifle arm and an ORC left arm. 

No shit eh, well I wouldn't have known about the refurbish work. Great job. 

And yeah, I feel the same about a lot of my miniatures... Not really worth the effort to photograph, let alone properly

I have just about completed.  I need to put a second layer of paint on the band around the base denoting whether they are regular or elite units, and then seal them, but that's it.

God willing  i will be complete tonight or tomorrow night. 

Pictures as late as Oct 01. 

Grand total will be 1 halfling General (as it was the only thing I could humanly do in addition to the other thing)

zone mortalis (or what ever the fuck) 4x4 resin table. 

- Gary -

And were done! Tried something new on the librarians sword, think it turned out alright. And 'ardcoat on the broodlords carapace worked a LOT better than I thought 

20170930_165825_HDR.jpg

20170930_170734_HDR.jpg

20170930_170713_HDR.jpg

20170930_165816_HDR.jpg

20170930_170724_HDR.jpg

Edited by BaggiestPanther
  • Like 1