Sign in to follow this  
dreadpirate

So anyone else hyped for Zelda Breath of the Wind

Comes out this Friday, just seems like yesterday I was waiting with baited breath watching E3. Super pumped to get my hands on it, already went in and paid off the preorder (and tried to convince them to give it to me early lol).

The Nintendo switch is also launching on Friday as well but I think that's going to be more of a holiday grab for me as I am really looking forward to Mario Odyssey.

Anyone else pumped?

I won't spoil too much but I hear the main story is roughly 20 hours and the side quests almost triple that. Early leaks are giving the game 9.5/10 -> 10/10. Apparently it's one of the best open world games to come out in years.

alllllll aboard the hype train

We+re+getting+the+pizza+the+hype+is+real

• Upvote 1

I am pretty hyped for it, but I have my speculations. I have heard it plays better as a handheld game, and the graphics aren't there for it to be as good of a console game.

This may be people just over-analyzing the new Zelda and the new system, but I am still hyped af.

My body is ready.

Yea I wasn't sold on the switch at launch, not much that is a must buy for me, I pretty much already own all of the launch games except for Zelda. Now if it was launching with the new mario game that would be a different story entirely haha.

I would love to play it, but I don't have a WiiU and I don't really want to purchase a console for a single game -.- 

49 minutes ago, wolf9416 said:

I would love to play it, but I don't have a WiiU and I don't really want to purchase a console for a single game -.- 

That's where I've been at with Nintendo for awhile.  There are a few of their games that I would love to play here and there but I'm not buying their gimmicky consoles just for Mario and Zelda.  Its a shame but they should've given up the exclusive hardware game last generation.  They could sell so many more games if they just went cross platform.

• Upvote 1

I haven't gotten a console in... 8? 10 years? Never been a big fan of Nintendo's main stays anyways. Never been a Zelda fan or a Mario fan, ect... Smash Bros. is good but that would be the only reason for me to use a Nintendo console. 

Nintendo games and consoles have had a big revival for me and my family.  I've probably just eeked into their old-guy-with-no-time-to-play-hardcore-games-so-he-plays-mario-with-his-kids demographic.  Honestly, I've had more fun playing Mario Kart, various Marios, Smash Brothers and Donkey Kong than I have in a while with my old go-to games.  Plus, it's pretty epic to relive, through my boys, the unihibited joy I used to have playing these titles as a kid some 25 years ago.  

That being said, the Switch is a must-buy for me, the line-up at launch is pretty weak imo.  I'll just wait to play Zelda on the Switch when I pick up the console this Xmas. 

• Upvote 1

just bought a new wii u kids broke screen will get a switch soon too love nintendo games always lots of fun.

Been playing quite a bit since last night/today and have to say the game is phenomenal, I would argue even better than OoT. I won't spoil too much but there are definitely familiar faces from anyone who has played OoT. Never thought I would find a zelda game to trump ocarina but so far everything has just been excellent.

My absolute only 2 complaints are; not enough storage space for weapons (you want to pickup everything) and frame rate drop once inawhile.

I'm going to let these manufacturing defects get corrected with new runs before I dive into the Switch.

I'll definitely be getting one. As a long-time Nintendo fan, I took a stand and protested both 3DS and WiiU (I've owned most other Nintendo consoles). Switch seems like it will get pretty cool, but it's a bit half-baked right now and rushed.

But I am really looking forward to the Indie support with Nindies. Celeste, Towerfall, Wargroove, Shovel Knight, the list goes on, so many good Indies to play on the go.