Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

Space Marines Codex leak and review

Taylor    89

The points are in the chart at the back of the book. I don't think there is a photo of that.

dreadpirate    53
10 hours ago, Ed-war-d said:

I'm not able to read that. Anyone know if the storm ravens points have been adjusted?

I'm going to guess no, I believe these have been almost ready for sale since mid Q1, no way they've printed all of these in the past couple weeks unfortunately. I hope i'm wrong, but highly doubtful.

Ed-war-d    3

I agree that there would be lead times, but lead time can often be months. So remember teaser months before they released 8th. They hinted that they would adjust power levels. I mean some of their play testers have a lot of 40k experience and would know pretty quick that the storm raven was under coasted. What if months ago they knew they had to adjust its points but had already sent the initial books to print. This is GW if you try predicting them, you will make meteorologists look good. Still I am curious to see if they changed any of the points.

Ed-war-d    3

In the new FAQ there is an interesting rule that prevents pure flyer spam. If you have no units on the board you automatically loose. Do not count flyers when determining this.

I still expect many competitive lists to include multiple storm ravens, but wouldn't it be fun to ignore the storm ravens and just kill everything else for the win? I figure people will hesitate to make more than half their points storm ravens now.

dreadpirate    53
2 hours ago, Ed-war-d said:

In the new FAQ there is an interesting rule that prevents pure flyer spam. If you have no units on the board you automatically loose. Do not count flyers when determining this.

I still expect many competitive lists to include multiple storm ravens, but wouldn't it be fun to ignore the storm ravens and just kill everything else for the win? I figure people will hesitate to make more than half their points storm ravens now.

Got to finally read the FAQ - pure amazingness on GW part.

Anytime there is only flyers on the battlefield, you're considered tabled. Peace out stormraven nerds.

• Like 1

MisterAG    22

I disagree. You can still hide a character like Roboute behind a wall of flyers and be unable to target it.

dreadpirate    53
8 minutes ago, MisterAG said:

I disagree. You can still hide a character like Roboute behind a wall of flyers and be unable to target it.

if you're running a list without a deep strike/flank/fast unit you're doing it wrong.

I mean if all you have to do is kill 300 points(gulliman) with 2000 points to table someone, that ain't half bad lol.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Do flyers negate line of sight or something? I'm confused.

No but this goes towards targeting the closest unit (not character models) rule.

Taylor    89

If you have your own fast moving units, you could get behind that wall pretty easily, imo.