Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Escalation League #2 - Fall 2017

Kevin    45

Hey guys we will be running another escalation league starting in September. The last one was a huge success with 20 entrants and over 75% of the scheduled games were played. I was wondering what were people's thought about it? What did you like, what did you not like? What would you like to see for this one?

I would probably run it 6 rounds again, and end at the end of November to avoid December and the crazy Christmas season. The rounds would probably be Shadow War Armageddon, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, and 2000. Once again there would be a entrance fee which would be near double by the nook in prize support. For example last time we collected $200 in entrance fees and $350 was given out in gift certificates. The prizes would also once again be a raffle system as I feel that worked out well last time.

I suspect we will get more entrants this time around based upon the amount of new players that have started, so that means more prizes! We will also finish with a party type Apocalypse game like last time.

Share what you are thinking!

GreyKnight    31

well i would be interested but unable able to play games on Monday nights so unlikely for me

How every i would not have shadow war Armageddon as part of this as its has different  rules and play style then  regular 40k just does not fit into

40k escalation league. also starting a Armageddon league in august

Kevin    45
9 minutes ago, GreyKnight said:

well i would be interested but unable able to play games on Monday nights so unlikely for me

How every i would not have shadow war Armageddon as part of this as its has different  rules and play style then  regular 40k just does not fit into

40k escalation league. also starting a Armageddon league in august

Fair point on the Armageddon, as for Monday nights. The league nights would be Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Plenty of days to get your games in.

MisterAG    23

I'd prefer to be playing games of 1000 points or higher. Kill Team was fun last year and I was singing its praises like crazy. That said, I haven't missed it at all since we moved to higher points.

• Upvote 1

Kevin    45
30 minutes ago, GreyKnight said:

most of the players play Monday hardly see any Thursday  and none on Saturday

Well for you scheduled game you could schedule it either day. Also the league brings people out. There is also usually 2-4 games of 40k being played Saturdays now.

Kevin    45
11 minutes ago, MisterAG said:

I'd prefer to be playing games of 1000 points or higher. Kill Team was fun last year and I was singing its praises like crazy. That said, I haven't missed it at all since we moved to higher points.

so maybe, 500, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000? Or would you want to go even up to 2500?

Edited by Kevin

Dasjuice    40

I would be interested in playing in this one. 

I also feel that the 500 point level would suit people who are interested in using this as a starting point for a new army.

So my vote would be 500-2000 points.

OJ

Kevin    45
2 hours ago, Corey said:

Is it one or two week blocks for the games?

Two weeks rounds, you can play :D

Kevin    45
2 hours ago, Justicebeaver said:

I might be able to partake in this too.

Awesome, we would love to have you.

Entry will probably be $10, which will eventually contribute $18 to prize support along with supper for the APOC game at the end.

Kevin    45

Hey guys, so I am starting to think about this, I want to have the write up it done by September 1st, I think the league will start September 11th, so let me know what you are thinking.