Sign in to follow this  
wolf9416

Disciples of Agony

wolf9416    15

An army made using this theme force can include only the following Skorne models:

· Paingiver warlocks

· Master Ascetic Naaresh

· Non-character warbeasts

· Mortitheurge models/units

· Nihilator models/units

· Paingiver models/units

Special Rules

· This army can include any number of Minion units. This army can also include one Minion solo and one Minion battle engine. These models/units can be included even if they have the Partisan [Skorne] special rule.

· Skorne warlocks in this army can control Minion warbeasts. Minion warbeasts in this army controlled that are controlled by a Skorne warlock are considered to be Skorne warbeasts, not Minion warbeasts.

· For every full 20 points of units in this army, you can add one Skorne command attachment or small-based Skorne solo to the army free of cost. Free command attachments do not count toward the total number of units in the army when calculating this bonus.

· Paingiver models gain Sacrificial Pawn [Minion warrior model]. (When a model with Sacrificial Pawn [Minion warrior model] is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, non-incorporeal Minion warrior model within 3˝ of it directly hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects.)

· One Paingiver Bloodrunner unit in this army gains Ambush. (You can choose not to deploy a unit with Ambush at the start of the game. If it is not deployed normally, you can put it into play at the end of any of your Control Phases after your first turn. When you do, choose any table edge except the back of your opponent’s deployment zone. Place the unit with Ambush completely within 3˝ of the chosen table edge.)

wolf9416    15

Welp... that's a thing.

1) This fixes a ton of Xekars problems. Being able to bring the blind walker lets him channel, which is something he has desperatley needed. He can also Sac pawn, which helps with keeping him alive.

2) Rage in Skorne??

3) Looks like we may be getting more of the Skorne stuff at Lock n Load. Can't wait to see what else they drop.

Aaaaand of course there are some Skorne players complaining about it because they "want to play Skorne, not sudo minions" -.- Enslaving minions IS a main theme of Skorne, and this list brings all kinds of awesome and crazy possibilities!

Although honestly everyone is so excited, that the couple of people complaining are fairly lost in the positive comments... Don't think I have seen the Skorne page this happy before xD

Edited by wolf9416

wolf9416    15

As excited as I am about this, I'm trying to avoid getting too invested in it. Who knows how this will make it through CID. Seems like if it was up to minions players, the forums will be burnt down before this theme gets through unchanged but I feel like none of the reasons being brought up are due to actual balance issues, which is what they are usually trying to address during the CID.

Edited by wolf9416

wolf9416    15

On that topic though...

Some crazy interactions possible in the current rules:

Road Hog - Base speed 5

Full boar ability + 2 speed

Abuse on Morg1 +2 speed and strength

Rush on Glad +2 Movement

Enrage +2 str

Total of 11 movement, on a walk. Which means a charging threat of 15 with pow 19 attacks, and an assault range of 24" on the spray 10 continuous fire attack.

Warhog - Base pow 16

Aggression Dial +2 Str

Rage from wrastler +3 str

Naaresh feat +3 str

Enrage +2 str

Total = Pow 26. 

Throw in hutchuck for pow 28, or bring the new solo for upkeep removal and you can be + on dice against an arcane sheilded, feated stormwall under Stryker1 :D

Could also put all of that on a Mammoth instead, for pow 27.

Edited by wolf9416

StreetPizza    20

Strangely enough I feel okay about both of those interactions.

The first involves a heavy, caster ability and a seperate heavy's animus for pretty standard melee out put and a not outrageous threat range.  That 14" can be duplicated pretty easily elsewhere. 

The pow 26 (nobody is bringing hutchuk) isn't out outrageous considering it requires a feat and two heavies with only one of them supplying an animus.  Threat range on it will be relatively short to.  I can do better than that with Stryker 2 and Gibbs for healing.  Heck stormwall with A&H + Ragman in a list will do P+S 23 without a feat.  Add in Stryker3 or Siege2 with fury or Maddox feat turn and that becomes P+S 26.  We're not exactly in crazy town here.

It will all come down to ease of delivery and I don't see Skorne dialing up the crazy there either.  Looks fair and balanced.

Xeurian    16
3 minutes ago, StreetPizza said:

Heck stormwall with A&H + Ragman in a list will do P+S 23 without a feat.

*Looks at Hyperion's P+S 21 fists*

*Looks at Arcanists*

ab2.gif

wolf9416    15

Well according to people on the CID forums it is game destroying levels of broken.... you know, just like everything else that PP does... ever...

Also minions seem to think this invalidates their entire faction. I feel like I wouldn't really care if one of the warmachine factions got a similar theme to work with mercs but, *shrug*, angry people gonna be angry.

Edited by wolf9416

StreetPizza    20

People really need to learn what the word "invalid" actually means.  I've seen that tossed around every time one option looks better than another in most lists.  The lesser option is referred to as invalid.  Drives me nuts.  They're not "invalid" they're sub-optimal, learn to English!

Mercs/Minions/CoC have always been sub-optimal with limited selections available.  That's what they were designed to be!  Extra options that you can pick in main factions and able to be played as alternate options if you want to snowflake it up.

Edited by StreetPizza

wolf9416    15

Sneak peak of the Skorne Immortal theme list is floating around right now.

And by sneak peak, I mean Doug Hamilton is playing it at Lock n Load but no one there is allowed to say what the benefits are until tomorrow -.-

From the picture though, looks something like the standard free Solo/UA for every 20 points of units, and models with the ability to have souls start with one (so the ancestral guardians, Hakaar and the immortal UAs), as there are souls on those models in deployment in the picture. People are also hinting at a bonus to the beasts, but not saying what it is.

The only beasts in the picture are light, so I'm wondering if it only allows light warbeasts but gives them the construct type? That would be pretty cool. Anyways, guess I need to buy 2 more units of immortals now... >.> People were already thinking this was one of the strongest Skorne lists, so if this is all legit expect to be seeing this in Skorne pairings a large portion of the time.

No automatic alt text available. 

Edited by wolf9416

Xeurian    16

Apparently they will be pumping out themes at an accelerated rate in any case where there are enough models to make them playable. Almost every model will have a theme to call home.

Edited by Xeurian

StreetPizza    20

So Zaal2 would obviously run this well but are there any other casters that also do so?  It'd be really weird to have a single caster theme list.

wolf9416    15

Zaal2 is the only one with specific construct synergy, but our other infantry casters could run it as well. Morg3, Zaal1, Makeda2, Xerxis1.

The only thing is that if we get a praetorian theme I don't see those locks running this list over that.

wolf9416    15

I'm not sure. They will probably come out with both at some point based on what Mat said. Pagani also hinted at a beast centric theme (like a for every X points of beasts get a free solo, beasts get Y type of thing).

But its all speculation at this point :p