Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

Monthly pledge Challenge!

Would you like to participate in a monthly painting challenge?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate in a monthly painting challenge?

• Sounds like a great time!
    • No thanks.. I prefer to paint at my own pace.
    • Lol. No.

Hey guys, I was thinking of doing the following ongoing challenge to get people to post their ongoing projects. 

Ideas thinking of doing this on a monthly basis - starting with August. The idea is at the start of the month - people pledge what they plan on painting that month and post their progress pics as they go. For example - 

Taylor - Ork Army - August Pledge

It can be as little or as much as you'd like to pledge. I'm thinking that monthly, if you complete hour pledge, I will personally paint something of yours and include it in my next month's pledge. If you don't want me to paint something of yours - that's fine - but we can redraw names or you can even give it to someone else as a gift. 

Anyway - I was wondering who might be down for that idea. I've included a poll to see what you think. If we have five people interested in this, I'll start August's thread in a couple of weeks. 

Sorry... I should have indicated we would do a draw at the end of the month.. not that's I'd paint something for all the participants.. that shit would get crazy fast. 

I should also mention it can be as little as one model a month, or a unit, or an army. Whatever you think you can tackle that month. The goal is to encourage people to paint or model their stuff - not to discourage them. 

Lol.. be sure to click one of the poll options. I just want to make sure it's just not me posting in that thread.. lol. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Lol.. be sure to click one of the poll options. I just want to make sure it's just not me posting in that thread.. lol. 

Would you paint stuff for me though?

I think this will really help me out. I try to get something done every month. I just need to be realistic as to what I'll finish. So really I am painting at my own pace I just need to preplan what my pace will be

That's kinda the point. Sometimes people need a bit of a push to do these kinds of things... even if it is only one model a month, it'll give you a sense of accomplishment, and potentially a painted model if you're drawn at the end of the month. 😁

When would this start? Also I think there needs to be a down fall for not completing your pledge. Nothing major, but say you pledge to finish something and don't finish it you have to donate $10-$20 to the DS.

Edited by Kevin

43 minutes ago, Kevin said:

down fall for not completing your pledge.

Not everyone is motivated by repercussions. I find that in the past I just finish a model for the sake of it and just have a poorly painted model in the end. 

I will participate with no reward if this is the way it's going to go. But I think that the accomplishments of finishing something will be enough motivation. 

I'm a firm believer that people are motivated more by the carrot than they are the stick. Rewarding people for finishing something is enough reason, and if they don't,  they can finish it the following month. 

Right on. We can start with August unless you guys want to do a mini one for July. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Right on. We can start with August unless you guys want to do a mini one for July. 

I do have three land raiders to paint to match those custodes Marc is doing for me...

1 hour ago, Xeurian said:

I'm tempted.

Do it! :D

I'm in... need some kind of motivation to get things done xD

• Upvote 1

I was on the fence at first about it...but fuck it, count me in lol.  After reading that it didn't have to be anything huge, my decision was swayed.  I don't plan to get a lot of stuff painted or assembled, or, hell, even PLAY during the summer, but I think I can get some small things painted here and there

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BaggiestPanther said:

I was on the fence at first about it...but fuck it, count me in lol.  After reading that it didn't have to be anything huge, my decision was swayed.  I don't plan to get a lot of stuff painted or assembled, or, hell, even PLAY during the summer, but I think I can get some small things painted here and there

Yeah, any of mine would certainly have to be in the vein of "Complete a single model!"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xeurian said:

I'm tempted.

Well... to be fair.. one model isn't a crazy pledge.

Awesome. I'm not asking anyone compare themselves to others or whatever. This is a personal thing designed to encourage you to get some models painted. 

As this is a good will thing too, I'm inclined to be pretty generous with the painting prize at the end of the month, and will do any model WITHIN REASON that the winner requests. It can be an infantry hero, monster, vehicle (let's be nice... not an imperial knight..  lol). If someone wins and wants me to paint something bigger - we can talk. 

I just want to see more people painting, posting, and having fun with it rather than feeling it is a chore. 😁

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If someone wins and wants me to paint something bigger - we can talk. 

My bedroom isn't THAT big...

• Upvote 1

I think we have enough interest to go ahead and do this. Did you guys want to start with July, or just wait til august?