MisterAG

The Beer and Pretzels Open 2017

Can I get a hand? I have bases for my vehicles but two have the previous stem broken off. I was hoping someone could bring a small drill to the tournament.

Doug was suppose to help me on tuesday, but he forgot the stuff and told me he would do it on wednesday. On wednesday he told me thursday. On thursday he told me friday. Today he wasn't at the shop when I was there shortly after noon.

I'll be there at 09:00 tomorrow morning to get started setting everything up. I'd love to be rolling dice at 10:00, so please get over to the Lockerby Legion in good time!

The 3rd annual BPO  was a huge success and a huge shout out to the TO's and all the sponsors and those who supplied prize support. Congratulations to all the winners of today and what an amazing turn out and glad to see this event growing every year and looking forward to possibly upgrading to a larger venue in the future. Pretty standard results on my part with coming in at 13th overall out of 24 players. I will state this pledge now though, I swear by next BPO i will have a fully/completely painted army.

Also, I'm planning on submitting the Best General results to the ITC standings page. If you want points on your ITC season as well as voting rights to the quarterly poll then please PM me your name and email address as you want it to appear on your registration.

Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend! It was a fantastic day, with a ton of different and unique armies. We had everything from Baneblades to Crusader Squads, Rubric Marines to Fire Warriors, and Pylons to Harlequin Troupes. Everyone had a great time, and we hugely appreciate everyone from the community getting involved! Here's how the day ranked up;

Best Overall - - OJ
Best General - - Clark
Best Painting - - Kevin Armitage
Sportsman - - Keith
2nd Overall - - Andrew Dipsell
Joe Average - - Steve Marleau
Last Place - - Peter

I've got a ton of pictures at the event, and it's too big to put up here, so check this link to imgur for it! It wouldn't let me type in a bunch of stuff, so the posting stops a little into it, but still lots of images!

https://imgur.com/gallery/W9ivR

• Like 1

Another year of a great event put on by Davis and Aaron. I had a blast with my Sons of the Plague Father. Sadly, we were defeated by big red and his gang of merry men piloted by Clark. The food was great this year, and it seemed everyone had a blast. Can't wait for the next event. It really seems the community is starting to come together again, so we can all enjoy the game we sink so much time and money in. 

Edited by Irvin

Wanted to give a big thank you to both organizers for all the work that goes into this (most of which people don't see); as well as all the helpers, those who donated prizes, all my opponents and others i didn't get a chance to play.
You've all made it a memorable day/event for me.

Thank you.  :)

Jeremie (Alpharius)

Edited by Durek

I've got my pictures uploading to the old imgur right now too: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BeerAndPretzelsOpen/photos/?tab=album&album_id=189108754998424

Best General: 1000 points for a win plus your in game score. 19 for a major, 13 for a minor (1 and 7 on the losing side respectively)

Best Sportsman: There was a rubric (which NOBODY followed) out of 6 for each game, plus up to three votes for favourite opponent

Best Presentation: There was a rubric (which I followed) out of 8, plus each player got a vote for their favourite.

image.png.1dd72d6ca856094dd865db49d7e03ef4.png

Each of these results was then scored as a percentage of the winner of that track. As an example, Mr Joe Average Steve Marleau scored 18/21 points for sportsman = 857 sports points to Keith's 1000.

Sum of those totals and you get the following Best Overall:

image.png.b5f240588e049fc1e775a5864cc869f8.png

Edited by MisterAG
  • Like 2