MisterAG

The Beer and Pretzels Open 2017

Hey gang I paid Davis last night for one of those last minute spots, I am interested in showcasing my army (they don't get out much) I don't have a display board or anything though??? Also rules question I noticed one of the BPO stratagems (below), as I am Draigo and already get +1 to my rolls would this give me +2 for the phase?????

"Untapped Psychic Potential

Cost: 2 Command Points

Choose a model with the <Psyker> keyword. Until the end of the Psychic Phase, that model adds 1 to its rolls to manifest and/or deny psychic powers. Additionally, if it is your psychic phase, it may attempt to manifest any power it knows one additional time (even if it already cast the same power earlier this turn). "

Hey Ordo_Draigo! Easy answers for this one;

#1 - A display board isn't required by any means. However, it's something that people seeking Best Painted often do to invite more attention to their paint jobs. A detailed display board can mean the different between you and 1st place!

#2 - The BPO Stratagems are only available to armies that are only made out of INDEX sources. Since the Grey Knights have a codex, any army that includes Grey Knights will NOT be able to use the BPO Stratagems. We wrote that as a safe-guard, since we didn't know which or how many factions would have codexes by the time the tourney came around. However, I can assure all you Necron/Tau/GSC/Daemon/Ork/Sisters/Dark Eldar/Harlequin/Blood Angel/Space Wolf/Dark Angel/Imperial Knight/Custodes/Thousand Sons players out there that these BPO Strategems really DO help you out! I've heard of a few people trying them out with their index forces and loving the options it gives them.

(see top of page 8)

Edited by Yarium
added reference for BPO strategems

We are sold out! As of last night we have pre-sold all 24 tickets to what is now Sudbury's largest 40k tournament. Still have the itch? Contact myself or @Yarium to see if you would fit the bill as our official ringer.

-------

@Ordo_Draigo If you are playing with any codex-equipped factions in your army list (Like Draigo and the Grey Knights) you do NOT have access to the BPO Stratagems. That said, if you were to be playing with those naughty Dark Angels you'd be able to play those stratagems and potentially stack them with other bonuses in your Index!

Hey folks! Here's some more do's and don'ts for proxies and conversions. See the following below:

WBYtt76.jpg

First up we've got this Harlequin Spiritseer converted from a few different kits. Absolutely is 100% a Spiritseer (note the face-plate), so it's in!

oR7p9iX.jpg

Again, this one for me seems like a slam-dunk. YOu can tell immediately that this guy is a Warlock. Sure he's got a Farseer's body, but the head is 100% spot-on. Loving the use of the Harlequin Zephyrglaive as his Witchblade.

5BeIUOE.jpg

It'd be hard NOTE to say these are jetbikes, but they will be used as Windrider Jetbikes on tournament day! They only have the one rider as per normal Windriders, and every model of them in his army is a Windrider too!

cTusgQY.jpg

Unfortunately, we had to turn this down. This beautiful model is a Farseer, and Eldrad he is not. Main difference here is the Staff of Ulthamar, which is kind of an important part of the Eldrad model and rules. This is a pure proxy, unfortunately, so we could not allow this fantastically painted model to be Eldrad.

There's armies that don't have Codex's??????? Heresy!!!!!!!

Ok here's another one for you warp entity, if one has a Paladin model that is technically equipped with a Psycannon (Heavy weapon) but one only has the points to equip it with a Psilencer (also Heavy weapon) would this be an appropriate approximation?

Okay, got more stuff coming through on proxies and substitutions!

@Ordo_Draigo, if it is the only Psycannon in your army, that will be fine. However, if you have other models armed with Psilencers or Psycannons, then it would not be. Don't want any confusion as to whom is equipped with what!

@Kevin, unfortunately, we cannot allow the Forge World Phoenix to be used as a proxy for the Hemlock Wraithfighter:

99590104003_EldarPhoenixBomber01.jpg

The reason is the same as why we're not allow the Dark Eldar bomber to be the Hemlock - it's a straight proxy, and we're very unlikely to allow that.

However, we are allowing this that was requested of us; the Gaunt Summoner in place of the Changeling. Like the snail-riding Nurgle Daemon, there's no 40k rules for this model (yet!!!), and I think it's very, very in line with the Changeling's look and feel.

99070201020_GauntSummoner01.jpg

99129915034_TzeentchChangeling01.jpg

I have a counts as question: I want to run an overlord with just a warscythe. could I use the Vanguard Obyron(see attached) model to count as said overlord? 
Or would it be preferred to use another model like this one (see attached) that has a scythe and orb even though it doesn't have an orb in my list. 

12644683_10208318098971505_1735862635115176558_n.jpg

DSC07528.JPG

Hey folks! We have an out-of-towner that needs some help. There's a model for his army that's stuck in the mail; Yvraine. I'm asking if anyone can bring an extra one they have with them the day of the tourney. If not, I will be allowing him to use another model as a Proxy, because he's planned on having it for a long time and losing out on fielding his army because of a mail order issue is really sucky. If the order comes in tonight or tomorrow he'll still be playing with his, but I'd like to have a plan in place for it!

2 minutes ago, Justicebeaver said:

I have one somewhere but she's not painted or anything. If that will work I can certainly help out.

Yes please! Much appreciated! I'll let you know if it's not needed.

2 hours ago, Justicebeaver said:

I have one somewhere but she's not painted or anything. If that will work I can certainly help out.

Thanks Austin! Just got word that this model will no longer be necessary for our out of town friend. Much appreciated!

Ha ha ha... RIP Ynnari...

2 minutes ago, Yarium said:

Thanks Austin! Just got word that this model will no longer be necessary for our out of town friend. Much appreciated!