MisterAG

The Beer and Pretzels Open 2017

I wasn't making it one. I thought it was a pretty valid point. I guess not - it's fine - but it was a question directed at the TO - not the peanut gallery. Davis and Aaron's tournament, and their call. 

It is their tournament and questions can be asked but discussion/feedback from the "peanut gallery " also helps them look at making changes or keeping things as is. 

28 minutes ago, Justicebeaver said:

It is their tournament and questions can be asked but discussion/feedback from the "peanut gallery " also helps them look at making changes or keeping things as is. 

Don't worry, i messaged Davis directly and resolved the issue. 

Taylor Holloway and Taylor Brear have, unfortunately, backed out from the tournament. So we have two spots open again! Mr. AG will update the main post with these openings.

As for the issue with the lists, as it was only Taylor that seems to have had an issue with it, I doubt we'll be visiting this issue too much. While we are living in a more technologically advanced world than before, I think the common curtsy of supplying your opponents with a list is something that feels good. Some people, like myself, really appreciate having a look over someone else's list ahead of time, and the printed word gives me confidence in that list's accuracy and consistency. Maybe that's outdated, but I haven't heard of any other tournament that hasn't asked for printed lists.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I'm not backing out over the list issue. That was simply a question/observation. 

I'm still tweaking my list, but it always seems to end at 2001 points. I wish there was a stratagem that would allow you to trade a command point for a an extra army point.

If I can figure my list out in time I'll print it out for the tourney. If not it will be hand written, either way I'll bring an extra copy. It's just one of those nice little things you can do for your opponent.

Hey Vect,

Yes, you get to choose whether you're playing competitive or non-competitive. As for model proxying, see earlier in this thread; it has to be WELL within reason, and consistent.

48 minutes ago, Yarium said:

Hey Vect,

Yes, you get to choose whether you're playing competitive or non-competitive. As for model proxying, see earlier in this thread; it has to be WELL within reason, and consistent.

So VoidRaven Bomber as a hemlock for example?

Well, after discussing it with Mr. AG, it looks like we won't be able to accomodate that great a difference in the models. They're quite a lot different, and are of significant size difference too.

Edited by Yarium

On 29/10/2017 at 4:59 PM, Yarium said:

Well, after discussing it with Mr. AG, it looks like we won't be able to accomodate that great a difference in the models. They're quite a lot different, and are of significant size difference too.

Not really? They are pretty much the same size, but alright :) its ok

Send them to me! Send to me at least 2 days prior to the event if you want to be in the competitive group. Otherwise there's no requirement to submit ahead of time.

Know I'm a bit late for the discussion.  If you need another setup to make space, I can bring up a 5'x8' game area with terrain (only 4by6 mat though) if there's space/people on wait list

• Like 2

Thanks, @Grimaldus !

We should be good on tables, but if you want to bring your mat and terrain then please send a PM picture to myself and @Yarium to make sure that you've got enough big LOS blocking elements.

Hey folks!

We've had some discussions recently regarding proxies and conversions. We want to encourage people to bring cool stuff, but still not have armies of proxies. We're going to take this on a case by case basis, so please submit your models for request if you're planing to play a conversion. However, if it's pretty much substituting one model for another, we likely will not be allowing it.

• Like 1

Just so people can keep up to speed on what we've allowed so far in terms of model-swapping:

#1 - Horticulous Slimux from https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Age-Of-Sigmar-Blight-War-2017-eng has been approved to be a Daemon Prince (not a Winged Daemon Prince).

#2 - Imperial Guard Infantry/Conscripts https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Imperial-Guard-Cadian-Shock-Troops-2017 have been approved to be interchangeable with equivalently armed Chaos Cultists.

Lunch is booked. Roast beef or chicken with gravy, roasted potatoes, garden salad and hot veg. A variety of pies (apple, etc) for dessert.

There will not be any hot bar snacks available for sale, but we can all bring in table snacks (like pretzels) for munchies.

If anyone else is interested in joining us for what I have been assured will be an excellent meal at 12:15, please let me or @Yarium know. Lunch tickets at short notice are $20.

Edited by MisterAG
Content