MisterAG

The Beer and Pretzels Open 2017

Personally at this point I think keeping it the same is probably a good idea. I mean, it's a month out. I don't know if people will have time to play the new missions before the tournament. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Personally at this point I think keeping it the same is probably a good idea. I mean, it's a month out. I don't know if people will have time to play the new missions before the tournament. 

not with that type of negative attitude they won't haha. But I'll play anything you guys decide to use obviously.

I'm just saying, I know how many games I'm going to play prior to the BPO. Personally, I don't care - but I'm also not playing competitively. It's something to think about. 

Hi everybody,

To address both the apparent popular demand for a Champions mission as well as respect the fact that there is only a month to go until tourney time we have come to a decision to make an adjustment.

The first two missions will proceed as planned. The third mission will be changed to ITC Champions Scenario 5: Cut to the Heart.

Please review the scoring requirements for this scenario at: [ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ltQMdeDqYRXOhvdYT3dtUSji3AISvZRM8gDlhOXDaF8/edit ]

The final mission set is:

Round 1: Maelstrom of War (Cleanse and Capture) / Deployment (Hammer and Anvil)

Round 2: Eternal War (Retrieval Mission) / Deployment (Search and Destroy)

Round 3: Independent Tournament Champions Missions (Cut to the Heart) / Deployment (Random)

--------------

Scenario 5: Cut to the Heart
Deployment: Random

3 Objectives: Each player places 1 objective in their deployment zone more than 6” from a table edge and 12” from any other objective. 1 Objective is placed in the middle of the table.

Mission 5 Map.jpg

Cut to the Heart Bonus Point: If a player controls the center objective at the end of their player turn, he/she gains 1 point.

Primary & Secondary Mission Scoring

Primary Mission: End of Player Turn Scoring
Each player scores points at the end of their player turn.

- Do you hold one or more objectives?  - 1 point
 - Did you destroy one or more enemy units? - 1 point

Primary Mission: End of Battle Round Scoring
Each Player also scores points at the end of each Battle Round.

- Do you hold more objectives than your opponent? - 1 point
   - Did you destroy more enemy units than your opponent? - 1 point

Secondary Missions: Any Time Scoring
Each player may score up to 4pts for each of the following Secondary Missions, for a total of 12 between the three they’ve chosen. These points can be scored at any time unless otherwise specified in the description.

Headhunter: 1pt for destroying an enemy character.

Kingslayer: Choose an enemy model that is a Character.

• Earn 1 point for every 2 wounds of damage you deal to it, cumulatively.
  • In the instance where a Character may regenerate wounds or resurrect  during the course of the game, total wounds dealt to it over the course of the game are counted towards this mission.
  • If the model selected has the Character and Vehicle or Monster keywords, you earn 1 point for every 3 wounds dealt to it.

The Reaper: Earn a point for every enemy unit you destroy that began the game with 10+ models. If a unit begins the game with 20+ models, you earn 2 points for destroying it.

Recon: Have a unit at least partially in each table quarter at the end of your player turn. A unit may only count as being in one table quarter at a time for the purposes of this rule. 1pt per turn.

Big Game Hunter: 1 point for every model with 10 or more wounds you destroy.

Titan Slayers: For every 8 wounds dealt to units with the Titanic keyword in total throughout the course of the game, earn 1 point.

• Example: You deal 4 wounds to one Titanic model turn 1, and 12 to a different Titanic unit turn 2, you’ve dealt 16 wounds total to Titanic models, and earn 2pts towards this objective.

Behind Enemy Lines: 1 point for every unit at least partially within 12” of your opponent’s deployment board edge at the end of the game.

Death by a Thousand Cuts: Each time you destroy 3 or more enemy units in a single Battle Round, you earn 1 pt.

Edited by Dasjuice
Fixed the text formatting for scoring rules.
  • Like 1

Hey folks! Just to let you know, we have 5 spots remaining! If you're reading this and haven't paid, do so now!

Also, since I don't see it on @MisterAG's main post, we're doing a 10am start time, so try to make it over for 9:30am!

Excitement building!

13 hours ago, Garrick said:

I'm pumped!  Will you have those purity seals again?  Those things were pretty nifty! :Bye:

Good question, those were really cool. I still have mine from last year and wouldn't mind adding another one to the collection haha

Thanks for getting payment in early, guys! We have only two spots left before we've filled the house!

@Yarium is still collecting if you know an Eldar or Tyranid player who was perhaps undecided on coming.

Just in case you missed an earlier post, we've changed the third mission of the day to one from the newer ITC Champions mission pack:

The final mission set is:

Round 1: Maelstrom of War (Cleanse and Capture) / Deployment (Hammer and Anvil)

Round 2: Eternal War (Retrieval Mission) / Deployment (Search and Destroy)

Round 3: Independent Tournament Champions Missions (Cut to the Heart) / Deployment (Random)

Hey folks!

Wife is feeling ill, and Aaron is out of town, so we won't be at the Nook tonight! Let me know if you were going to pay that night if you see this and haven't paid!

We are full with 24 paid participants! I'll keep a wait list going in case of any drops in the last couple of weeks. Anyone interested in being on call as a game-day ringer?

8149238-218853840_18-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

Cheers to everyone that's signed up! And yes, if you didn't get signed up in time, please let us know! We'll keep you on notice in case there's a spot that opens up.

A valid question!

COMPETITIVE BRACKET:
Have your lists submitted two days ahead of time please. I can accept just about any format, but if you scribble it on paper and send me a scan, you will be dealing with one Angry Davis. If you don't have your list submitted ahead of time, you will not be eligible for competition in the competitive bracket.

NON-COMPETITIVE BRACKET:
You can bring your list in the day of if you wish. We do like seeing lists ahead of time just to make sure there's nothing blatantly wrong with them, so don't worry, early submission will NOT put you in the competitive bracket, but you make a Friendly Davis.

IN EITHER CASE:
Make sure you bring additional copies of your list ahead of time! Don't be like me at the twin's tournament and write it up the day of. You will be docked 1 Command Point if you don't have additional copies available for your opponents.

ILLEGAL LISTS:
If your list is illegal due to incorrect detachments (too many units in a detachment or too few), we will correct by putting any units in the offending detachment into an Auxiliary detachment, which will cost you a ton of Command Points.

If your list is illegal due to incorrect points (unit costs more or less than it should), the offending unit will be removed from your army. This may result in an illegal list due to incorrect detachments, which will result in the above modifications.

If your list is illegal due to having a single-model unit above 31 power (32 power or higher), that unit will be remove from your army list. This may result in an illegal list due to incorrect detachments, which will result in the above modifications.

Edited by Yarium
  • Like 1

Correction to my previous email @Justicebeaver, it's supposed to be "a single-model unit".

I've also informed @MisterAG to change the main post, because while it can be found with some snooping, that's an important thing that should be in our main post!

Edited by Yarium

I have a tablet and will post my list on Dark Shard for my opponents to see. Is that going to be a problem? 

Go right ahead! However, that won't count as having your list with you the day of. There's a number of people registered that don't attend the forums, so please make sure to have a printed list ready the day of.

Fair enough - though I think denying someone an in game resource isn't really a great way to go about it. Docking sportsmanship... sure. Command point are integral part of the game rules, providing a printed list for your opponents is not. 

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

In this tournament it is, so suck it up buttercup.

Good insight. Thanks for the heads up.