Sign in to follow this  
StreetPizza

Battle engines ho!

StreetPizza    20

The results of the battle engine and bane CID (no bane theme though :Bored:)are now live in war room.  

Holy crap Khador and Trolls.  If those engines don't see regular play then I don't know what it will take to get people to use them.  Slams at the end of the charge just seems insane to me.  At least it would if the other engines didn't also seem to be just as good.  Just try and stay safe from double storm striders with storm callers and a storm wall in the mix under Nemo3.  That siege animantarix will be coming for you from down town and most cryx infantry is now safe from blast damage making them really hard to remove.

All in all they all look like really strong pieces now and I may have to pick up the protectorate engine and give it a whirl.  There's tons there to unpack so go check it out for yourselves. 

Image result for warmachine battle engine art

Edited by StreetPizza

Xeurian    16

Yep, good stuff. Just be advised there are some bugs here and there in Warroom at the moment apparently. Might be fixed by the time of this posting though. Don't be too spooked (Cryx did it) if your lists are missing from your app.

Edited by Xeurian

Rhonlore    21

They also updated their card database to include every card in the game... I have some arts and crafts to do now. 

StreetPizza    20
13 hours ago, Rhonlore said:

They also updated their card database to include every card in the game... I have some arts and crafts to do now. 

That's your take away form this eh?  Not the addition of Zuriel and Azrael to the Children of the Dragon theme force for every caster.  Let the excitement build Tyrone!

Rhonlore    21

I just wanted to admit I was wrong about the card database.

I am very excited for the new updates. The Throne came out the other side of the CID with one extra change... They made it 16 points which is incredible.

There is a ridiculous Oracles list that can be created with our +31 WB casters that I am excited to try.

Adding Zuriel and Azrael to Children of the Dragon is a smart and appropriate change. I can see a list around Thagrosh' being quite good as he gets to bring Typhon as well, or even Bethayne. People are talking about Kallus2 with it as Zuriel and Azrael both apply fire from range, and he gets the infantry he wants as well.

Edited by Rhonlore

StreetPizza    20
On 6/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, Polipotent said:

Great I am glad that legion gets a better theme list. 

to the point where he ran a list with 4 huges bases against me last night:

Kryssa

- Angel

- Angel

Throne 

Throne

Hellion x2

Forsaken x2

Those thrones are arm 20 and have snacking on 4x 4" reach melee attacks :Bored: ... that's a ton of meat to chew through.   I elected to bbq it instead :sw_lighter_by_biowolff-d518pth:

Rhonlore    21

Contributing to free points in Oracles provides a powerful move and we might see it more there. Outside of Oracles I don't think it is as strong, but someone like Lylyth1 might go in theme for it. Rhyas is also juuuuuuuuuust silly with the Throne.

That said I don't think I would play it with Kallus1 or Bethayne. I'd have to give it more thought. 

StreetPizza    20

I fear that AFG so much.  Boosted damage rolls on a rng 16 pow 16 shot (rng 20 with raven) is legit.  That or just drop aoe 4 rough terrain templates ... gross.

The only engine I see falling below the good to excellent mark is the meat wagon.  Just can't see a real role for that thing.  Who plays minions though really?

Xeurian    16
2 hours ago, Polipotent said:

I definitely want to try out the AFG. Going to try a Defenders of Ios list with it and Ossyan. 

Yeah, Defenders is a great spot for it. Contributing to free points really helps. I've been considering Ossyan in my pair but that's in Shadows to deal with The Ghost Feet.

Also, Pagani is a mad man and played Ravyn with a Helios and 2x AFGs. I almost want a second AFG now.

StreetPizza    20

These "nothing but huge bases" battles are going to be the death of me.  Don't make me bust out a wold wrath double fulcrum list with eBaldur.

Circle Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] The Bones of Orboros

(Baldur 2) Baldur the Stonesoul [+30]
 - Megalith [20]
 - Woldwrath [37]
 - Woldwyrd [9]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [0(3)]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0(4)]
Celestial Fulcrum [19]
Celestial Fulcrum [19]

Good god that looks miserable to play against.