Sign in to follow this  
wolf9416

Structures?

There was also another piece of information on Twitter.  The structures are NOT terrain, they are basically immobile 120 mm models that are part of your force.  

This is some other info from the primecast. 

Trenchers will get the first one, the Block House, as a bunker that has guns and creates Trenchers.

Other stuff coming to Trencher CID next month:
Siege2: Has a deployable turret that he can pick back up and redeploy
Express team: Trollkin trencher with a big gun and his spotter. Sounds like the Heavy Rifle Team from Ret only it's a troll.
Trencher Longgunners: Tough (almost everything Trencher has Tough), "More accurate", "Very different CA", have CRA
Trencher Mechanics: Can repair and have the same gun as Trencher Commandos.
Patrol Dog: Trencher WA. Trench Buddy rule gives it the effects of Dig In when B2B with a model that has used Dig In. Removes Stealth within some range, currently gives the unit Dodge.

What your also seeing here is the first set of "Theme" models.  Cygnar already has long gunners but now they are releasing "Trencher" long gunners specifically for the theme.  Yes they will be a whole new unit, it will not be just an upgrade kit. Same with the mechanics. 

1 hour ago, StreetPizza said:

I have no problem with this in concept but as with everything else I'll be eagerly watching to see how its executed.

I will be watching as well.  I don't know how eagerly though haha I feel a little apprehensive? about it but that is why we wait and see.  I am happy it should be going through CiD. 

Edited by Polipotent

Man it's funny reading all of the rage online that people have at this announcement.  The "waaaahhh my faction is not as good as cygnar why do they get to go into CID first" really outlines how much people don't understand the CID process.

It's primary purpose is to test new stuff that's being released not to test and re-balance old stuff.  Old stuff is only going in when there's something seriously wrong.

26 minutes ago, StreetPizza said:

Man it's funny reading all of the rage online that people have at this announcement.  The "waaaahhh my faction is not as good as cygnar why do they get to go into CID first" really outlines how much people don't understand the CID process.

It's primary purpose is to test new stuff that's being released not to test and re-balance old stuff.  Old stuff is only going in when there's something seriously wrong.

The sodium content is exceptionally light in the Ret group.

Because Ret players got a good theme force and are currently happy with their faction.  Check out Circle, Protectorate and Trolls.  I could be rimming Caesar glasses in those forums. 

People are stupid. Especially when the collective stupidity congeals on a forum. It's almost like the stupidity collaborates and interconnects itself together forming a Voltron of stupidity. 

I avoid those forums because of it. 

What privateer press needs to do is put something into the CiD that is absolutely ludicrous, just divert the attention away. Structures will have it's day in the CID, but at least people won't be so pissed off with it or doing a warmachine fire sale.   You don't hear any grumbling about Grimmkin anymore. 

I don't know, fuck people... Just have fun, it's a game. 

I think ink structures is a pretty cool idea. But they better not be listed with having advanced deployment, and instead their own version of deployment. Else I'm sure some theme forces will kick the concept in the dick

They will likely have distant deployment like the Hellmouth does. 

Or it will be the return of predeployment. 

Edited by Rhonlore