Sign in to follow this  
marcuss

Marcuss painting commission

hey guys finally decided to post some of my current work. They are a commission of custodes marines.

This is stage 1.

They are primed Ultramarine blue, then ink washed drakenhof nightshade, then painted with watered down crystal blue.I have just started to paint with Army painter paints and i must say i do like the quality.I m a slow painter, the watered down stage takes about 40 minutes per guy.In a week or so ill have stage 2 to post.

IMG_2077.thumb.JPG.6a4744b52c268410e8263d6e1295c557.JPGIMG_2078.thumb.JPG.613652363e1204fec4363fed3fb19b84.JPGIMG_2079.thumb.JPG.c8aa04c67fdde5e2897bbf4eeb3d9dd8.JPGIMG_2080.thumb.JPG.a191d3a57c96fe5a4c97ce4573527c7a.JPGIMG_2081.thumb.JPG.8cb873ed156533874c7339016abd4cfc.JPG

• Upvote 1

Oh snap! Great to see you starting a plog, Marc! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. 

stage 2: not sure if the pictures does it justice but here is what i did next. With a mix 60% troglodyte blue,40% crystal blue i did the next level of highlights. Then followed that up with a mix50%/50%. Troglodyte blue /white. for the final highlight.(light source). Then each rivet is painted with toxic mist.Again it took about 40 minutes per model for all this stage.

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

@Deademperor After watching some utubers/twitch painters and their impressions was positive for the AP line. I decided to try them out and as Doug is now fully stocking them, it made my decision that much easier.They reviewed that there was a higher pigment count than a lot of paints out there. And for some colors that helps. My first impressions of the paints are positive, I do like the dropper bottle. It forces me to water down my paints that helps with painting. Even watered down the paint flowed well on the model and was not overly translucent. I will paint with both GW/AP depending on shade i need at the moment.

Keep on painting Marcuss  :magic_emote_gathering_wizard_by_momma__g:

Very cool :)

i currently use P3, vellejo and GW. I'm not adverse to adding another line into the mix. 

I do agree with the droppers being a good thing. I think reaper sells empty bottles. I'm considering transferring everything over

Another custodes finished. And will post up my shadespire warband soon as they near completion as well as bjorn space wolf.

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

• Like 1

That's looks sick, dude. If I were you, I'd put a bit of gloss on the marble steps - but that looks awesome. 

thanks taylor, and i didnt want to gloss the details for the picture. now its glossed over and ready to go back to his owner.

Ahhh.. yeah. Fair enough. I did a commission of a few marble statues for a client in the summer... it was quite the learning experience.