Sign in to follow this  
kyriosepoch

Do the Sports, Get the Points, Win the Game - A Guild Ball Tournament

GB-motif-white.thumb.png.2d00f0c708cb40475c3b6c43e84af3d9.png

Do the Sports, Score the Points, Win the Game...

A Guild Ball Tournament

It was like the Alamo out there, Brian, but the boy somehow dodges some awful over-the-ball karate stuff to get the goal and we’ve put a bit of daylight between us and the trapdoor. They were looking to cause mayhem in the hole there and that’s a drag-back to drool over and right on a plate and that’s put the cat amongst the parrots. They unsettled their crowd, then rolled their sleeves up and he’s put a load of swazz on an exquisite volley there and we’ve mugged ‘em for the three points at the death.

Come one, come all to the first Guild Ball tournament in the Nickel City.  This is will be an entry level tournament so all players are welcome.

This is a 6 player roster tournament, with a maximum of 1 union player per roster. Games will be played to 10 points, and it will be a round robin style event. We will not be using Guild Plots for this event, as most people are not familiar with them yet.

If you are interested in trying the game but do not have models, fret not! Some players have multiple teams that they may be willing to share with you, and I will have paper models to play with as well (though keep in mind that those using the paper models will given an automatic 0 score for painting).

The games will be scored on the following things:

• Victory Point difference
  • Painting Score
  • Sportsmanship Score

And a separate prize will be given for the most creative goal post.

Entry fee of $10 to be paid before first kick-off.

The event will be held on July 29, 2017 starting at 6 PM at Great Canadian Games and Hobbies.

GB-motif-white.png

I'm in. I have Butchers and Masons... and I'm not sure which one I want to play... but if someone needs one of those two.. I can help you out and decide from there. 

You guys should come out. It'll be fun! Everyone locally is pretty new as well..  I think I've only played five or six games total. 

Quinn and I played 5 to 6 games in a row at the SOO with one of the southern Ontario Pundits.  For anyone who really likes Guild Ball you should check out the SOO next year.  Guild Ball has ramped up it's presence every year and Steamforge themselves were in attendance.  

Right on. I like it. It's a really fun game. I really like the idea of playing it as an event - it's been a VERY long time since I've participated in a tournament. 

On May 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Taylor said:

You guys should come out. It'll be fun! Everyone locally is pretty new as well..  I think I've only played five or six games total. 

@Polipotent

I second that man, I've been looking for some sort of rematch from when I clocked out at the last warmachine event I attended (at GCC, remember? That was a while ago lol)