Sign in to follow this  
Polipotent

NBD's Fishermen

Got some Guild Ball awhile back and decided to paint up the fishermen starter.  I just laid down the last coats of paint (as you can see the base rim is still wet).  I have a few more models to make my first 6 man team but I need to focus on assembling and painting some Warmachine for the SOO so it might be awhile. 

GuildBall.jpg

Edited by Polipotent
  • Upvote 1

What the fuck is this?!! This isn't warmachine!! :eyebrow:

Taylor Brear (Kyriosepoch) is a Guildball Pundit and will be running some tournaments locally. Are there any other Guildball players in the Bay?

Haha I have talked with Taylor.  Four of us have starters (with a couple having more than that).  Our focus is still Warmachine but Guild Ball is pretty cheap to get into so we thought we would give it a try.  I have played 2 games with the paper dolls and it seemed like a !@#%ing slap fight where nothing happened, but I am told that is a common problem coming from Warmachine so I still went ahead and got a starter and 3 more models to make a 6 man team. 

Well, part of the problem could be that you were focusing on fighting instead of trying to score a goal.  Unless you're playing butchers, it gets really hard to take a dude out - lol. Was it fisherman vs. Morticians? Hah hah. Oh man. They're the worst in a fight. 

I still think my fondest memory was when Boar got his hands on one of the fisher folk and I picked up 12 dice. Hah hah. 

Not a great pic but here are my updated fishermen, I decided to colour the base because why the !#%^ not.  Corsair, Sakana and Tentacles are on my painting table next then all I have is Jac, vSiren and Avarisse/Greed before my whole guild/roster is completed. 

19893765_10154514333042397_1980916308_o.

• Upvote 1

Those look fantastic - just a couple of things. 

1. There is a LOT of blue.

2. The bases are a little flat. 

To fix this, I would paint the base rim black. It'll frame your models better and make the bases pop more. Also, I would paint Angel's lips pink... the blue is clashing with the paleness of her skin. 

The bases need a dry brush of tan or leather Brown, and then a dark brown wash. 

Do That, and you will bring these from  7 to a perfect 10, buddy. 😁

I got a little excited and forgot to ask if you've played with Salt yet. I found him underwhelming and prefer bringing Tentacles for the blind and Tag Along.

37 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Those look fantastic - just a couple of things. 

1. There is a LOT of blue.

2. The bases are a little flat. 

To fix this, I would paint the base rim black. It'll frame your models better and make the bases pop more. Also, I would paint Angel's lips pink... the blue is clashing with the paleness of her skin. 

The bases need a dry brush of tan or leather Brown, and then a dark brown wash. 

Do That, and you will bring these from  7 to a perfect 10, buddy. 😁

I did have the black at first and I actually THEN painted them blue.  I don't know if it's because of the picture but everyone here seems to agree they look better on the table with the coloured base (I am not an expert though).  I appreciate the tips on the base, I was just going for like a grey old dry dock kinda look and I get that it is a little flat.  Next time I do wood base models I will definitely heed your advice.  These guys are really just my practice round before Farmers come out :P

43 minutes ago, kyriosepoch said:

I got a little excited and forgot to ask if you've played with Salt yet. I found him underwhelming and prefer bringing Tentacles for the blind and Tag Along.

Yes I have had table time with both.  I would agree that overall Tentacles is better. HOWEVER, the one thing Salt can do over Tentacles is get into scoring range of the opposing goal post for a snap shot.  Tentacles can definitely do more every round though. 

36 minutes ago, Polipotent said:

Yes I have had table time with both.  I would agree that overall Tentacles is better. HOWEVER, the one thing Salt can do over Tentacles is get into scoring range of the opposing goal post for a snap shot.  Tentacles can definitely do more every round though. 

Salt is an amazing goalscorer for sure, second only to Angel. But he is weak and needs to make it up the field to be of any use. I love that Tentacles blind, so I prefer him.

Well... your call. The changes would literally take an hour and would really make these models look phenomenal.