Escalation League #2 – The Game Nook – Fall 2017
Hey guys, with the success of our previous escalation league last winter the second one has arrived!
Start Date: September 11th 2017
Round 1: September 11th until September 24th – 500pts
Round 2: September 24th until October 8th – 1000 pts
Round 3: October 8th until October 22nd – 1250 pts
Round 4: October 22nd until November 5th – 1650 pts
Round 5: November 5th until November 19th – 2000 pts
Final Apocalypse Party: December 2nd or 9th (this date is not concrete yet)
Cost: $10 (about $18 of prize support per $10 entry)
To enter you must prepay at the Games Nook (or you can e-mail money transfer the e-mail below and I will forward your entry fee to the Nook) and then send me your e-mail address, cell phone number, and Facebook profile link in order for your opponent each round to contact you. I can be reached via a direct message here, or via e-mail at Armitage_kevin@hotmail.com
How does this work?
This league will be broken up into 5 different rounds, where players will be required to play at least 1 game during said round (1 game every 2 weeks). Each round you will be assigned a new opponent with whom you will schedule a game at the current point level. Each round will have a unique challenge that if completed will allow you to earn extra raffle points towards prizes.
How are prizes going to work?
All the entrance fees will go directly towards prize support in the form of gifts certificates from the Nook. In addition to the gifts certificates there will be plaques for Best Overall (most raffle points earned), Best General (most rounds won) and Best Painted Army (based on your 2000 pt lists). All gift certificates will be given out via a raffle during the Final Apocalypse (attendance not mandatory to win). You can earn raffle points by completing the following:
- Playing your assigned game on any miniature night at the Nook (Monday/Thursday night, anytime Saturday). 2 Points
- Playing your assigned game outside of the Nook or not during the above times. 1 Point
- Winning your assigned game. 1 Point
- Playing a pickup game at the current point level or higher at the Nook (with a different opponent each time). 1 Point (maximum 3 times a round)
- Attending (30 minutes or longer) any miniature night (Monday/Thursday night, anytime Saturday) outside of your scheduled match. 1 Point (once a round)
- Completing the challenge for the round. 1 Point
- Buying (from the Nook and on or after August 28th), painting, and then using any unit in a scheduled game. 1 Point Per Unit (no maximum)
- Attending and Playing in the Apocalypse Party. 3 Points
At the end of each round each person will be responsible for contacting me and letting me know what points they earned that round.
Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Also remember once you pay please e-mail me with your contact information so I can add you to the list. One final thing, if you are reading this and the league has already started it is not too late to join, join now and I will add you to the current round!